What's new

Your Go-To Form of Growth

A_wrenn

I know that everyone learns differently, so I assume that everyone has a preferred method of improving themselves as well. With all the different options out there, like books, podcasts, youtube videos, seminars, small-groups etc. what method do you find is most effective for growth? Quickest? Longest term?

annelill

Personally, I always like a good podcast or book. Podcasts are especially great if you have a commute, like me. I drive a half hour to and from work so I can take that time to listen to one long podcast or two short ones. It’s an easy way to work on self-improvement without having to take any extra time out of your busy life! However, when you want to slow down a little bit, books are much better for in-depth learning.

M

magikheart

With the boon in technology, I find that using apps on my phone or tablet work best. In fact, I have a subscription to one meditation app. It was a bit pricey at first, but the whole year is paid up now. I can go on whenever I want, and there always seems to be new meditation techniques, a cute animated video to watch (this way I can put things into perspective), and mindfulness practices.

Termar30

I have the best retention with reading any type of book. I think it's because I can take my time and go back and review if I'm not understanding something. Also, I find that watching a related video helps to reinforce what I had digested from the book. I love technology, but sometimes it seems that it distracts me more than it helps me to learn.

dansecaribe

I think podcasts are great for everyday growth, for they are easily accessible and quicker to absorb than an entire book. I often listen to podcasts during my commute and they can be very reassuring and comforting. Youtube videos and blog newsletters are also a nice way to get a daily fix of positivity.

A_wrenn

Podcasts are my preferred method of getting information. My day job requires long hours of working alone and I pass the time by listening to podcasts on various topics. I started doing this a few years ago and I can't even imagine how many hours I've logged or how much information I've gotten from this practice.