What's new
  • We're looking for Forum Moderator has the responsibility to regularly take care of the spam, pending, and modlook queues. Contact us.
    Regards,
    Team Neuroskillz

What is the Biggest Setback that you've had in your Life?

waldemar

Hi I would like to ask what is your biggest setback that you have face in your life? And how did it helped you become a stronger person? I wanted to know so that it can become an inspiration to all of us in this community. Thanks

Ssandra

I think getting married to my ex husband. He is a narcissist and the relationship was emotionally, financially, and at times a little bit physically abusive.

I met him when I was 22, we were married by 24 and only 2 years ago we got divorced. I was with him in total for 13 years. I still have a lot of issues to work through, such as continuously apologizing when I am ill and being afraid my boyfriend is going to be mad at me for being ill. I also have an extreme fear of rejection because my ex used to tell me that I was not a nice person. That people only pretended to like me but that they did not really like me.

I am still in contact with him because he is the father of my daughter and right now we have a relatively healthy co-parenting relationship. I do not count on it to last though, he can change moods like the wind.

How it made me stronger? I don't know yet. I am still figuring it all out. I do know that I am capable of living on my own, taking care of my daughter and myself and working. I don't need him nor his validation anymore, so that is something, I guess.