What's new

Very weak short term memory

So i have noticed that i have really weak short term memory. I forget things that happened just a few minutes ago like where i put my car keys or where i put my wallet. The thing that bothers me the most is my long term memory is quite excellent. I can remember events that took place years and years ago with vivid details. Do i really have a short term memory loss problem or is this just attention deficit? what do you guys think? and how should i alleviate the situation?

Chris Jeff

There’s some confusion about the definition and use of the term short-term memory, even among experts. Short term memory is more like your brain's scratch pad where you temporarily store bits of information. For your case, it is a short term memory loss however, don't be dismayed it can be worked on and improved.
Short-term memory loss can be inconvenient, frustrating, and embarrassing and, of course, you want to keep it from getting worse. You can Improve your short-term memory by boosting your brain health with the right diet, supplements, and lifestyle, eat healthy foods( chocolate, ginger, fish oil supplements are found to be very effective), get plenty of sleep, exercise, and mental stimulation, avoid brain drains like stress also using memory techniques to develop it (such as the use of mnemonics, chunking.)
I hope this helps!

There’s some confusion about the definition and use of the term short-term memory, even among experts. Short term memory is more like your brain's scratch pad where you temporarily store bits of information. For your case, it is a short term memory loss however, don't be dismayed it can be worked on and improved.
Short-term memory loss can be inconvenient, frustrating, and embarrassing and, of course, you want to keep it from getting worse. You can Improve your short-term memory by boosting your brain health with the right diet, supplements, and lifestyle, eat healthy foods( chocolate, ginger, fish oil supplements are found to be very effective), get plenty of sleep, exercise, and mental stimulation, avoid brain drains like stress also using memory techniques to develop it (such as the use of mnemonics, chunking.)
I hope this helps!
Thank you for the comprehensive reply! I am following a healthy diet and i workout regularly. All that is left is using memory techniques like you suggested. I am looking into it because forgetting things only after a few minutes is down right embarrassing