What's new

Tomorrow will worry about itself

Lei Mercado

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

This is much of a Bible verse than a quote, which can be found in Matthew 6:34. This wisdom has been one of the things that guards me from unnecessary anxieties that tomorrow brings. This also reminds me to focus on what I have in my hands Today, and to give my best shot in the amount of time I am given.

MaryH

This is one of my favorites! We steal from tomorrow when we worry about it today is my thoughts on this one. Thank you for sharing this quote. :)

Lei Mercado

Glad to share this, MaryH! :)
And I can also relate it to the famous words that were used by Oogway in Kung Fu Panda, saying, "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery. Today is a gift, that's why they call it Present."

A_wrenn

I've always enjoyed this verse. There have been plenty of times when I've needed to be reminded of it. I don't stress out very often, but when I do, I stress like its an Olympic sport. This verse reminds me to calm down and take it one step at a time.

MaryH

Glad to share this, MaryH! :)
And I can also relate it to the famous words that were used by Oogway in Kung Fu Panda, saying, "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery. Today is a gift, that's why they call it Present."
I love that! We definitely do not want to squash a gift with worry!

MaryH

I've always enjoyed this verse. There have been plenty of times when I've needed to be reminded of it. I don't stress out very often, but when I do, I stress like its an Olympic sport. This verse reminds me to calm down and take it one step at a time.
The older I get, the less I worry. I think it is a different kind of worry. Life seems to take care of itself, until something comes into the "unknown" lane of life, then, I always ask, "What am I going to learn from this?" :)

anbrown72

Great quote, thank you for sharing. Worrying is definitely something that I need to work on. I have the tendency to worry about things in the future which causes so much stress. This quote is so true because we can't predict what will happen tomorrow or next week, so what is the point of worrying about the unknown? We can, however, concentrate on making the best of the present.

MaryH

Great quote, thank you for sharing. Worrying is definitely something that I need to work on. I have the tendency to worry about things in the future which causes so much stress. This quote is so true because we can't predict what will happen tomorrow or next week, so what is the point of worrying about the unknown? We can, however, concentrate on making the best of the present.
We can all do without extra stress, most definitely. I am glad you found the quote helpful.