What's new

"Those who don't believe in magic never find it." -- Roald Dahl

Beth96

This is a quote that keeps me going when times are tough. There are moments in life when things feel bleak, whether that be the outside world, or one's personal life. Many times, people, including myself, are looking for something in life, maybe it's love, maybe it's something as simple as personal success; it can be really disheartening when it isn't easily found. Roald Dahl's outlook on magic can be applied to anything. It's important to keep faith in something because otherwise, it's easy to fall into dark times and sadness. I find this idea helpful when I fall into hard times. I hope this helps others!

WendyM

Roald Dahl was one of my favorite authors when I was a kid and the quote you posted is the essence of many of his children's books (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The BFG, James and the Giant Peach, etc.). I totally agree with you that his thoughts about magic are universal; it's all about keeping an open mind and a positive attitude. Here's another inspirational quote of his that I like a lot: "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."

Beth96

I love that quote! Thank you so much for sharing. Roald Dahl is a great writer, and has always been one of my favorites!