What's new

The Struggles You Go Through Shape You

Genelle17

Growing up dealing with personal struggles (whatever they may be) I feel we all tend to wonder why certain things happen to us and automatically think "why me?" But in reality, everything truly does happen for a reason. Every incident in your life, good or bad, has gotten you to exactly where you are today. Personally, I struggled with disordered eating for 5 years and now that I am free from it, I have become a personal trainer & health care/nutrition enthusiast sharing my knowledge and journey on social media. That one struggle literally led to a fulfilling career change! This is more or less a challenge to reflect back on what has happened in your life & connect the dots on how it got you here!

JessicaW

I also believe that things happen for a reason. Lots of people I know think I have lived a relatively "strife-free" life. But, I just don't see the reason to "bemoan" things that happen to me. I look back and reflect and move on. You can't change what happened. All you can do is continue on. Remember, reflect and proceed. I've learned a lot of things. I have found it isn't even about what has happened. It's all about how you deal with things, how you react seems much more important.

Tiajanay

I agree even if it tales some time to grow from whatever brought you to this moment, it's important to acknowledge that every struggle makes you a stronger person as long as you don't let it keep you down.

WendyM

Those who work through the difficulties in life become stronger and more resilient as a result. I've been a teacher for 13 years and what strikes me most is the number of parents who will do anything they can to prevent their children from struggling in any way, shape or form. These children have no idea how to bounce back from the smallest setbacks because their parents intervene and solve their problems for them. It is truly unhealthy in my opinion and is creating a generation of young people who won't be able to cope with adult issues when the time comes.