What's new

The New Superpower for Women Review by Steve Kardian

Beth96

This book is a really great self-defense book for women. It has visual demonstrations of some of the moves as well as narratives of women who have been attacked, and explains the importance of knowing how to protect oneself. The writer, Kardian, is a veteran of law enforcement, and he gives interesting insight on how to protect yourself that might not come from the standard self-defense book. It's an interesting read, and very helpful!

Ssandra

Thanks for the recommendation. If I may, The Gift Of Fear by Gavin de Becker is similar except not really about physical self-defense, but it goes into great lengths how to protect yourself, trust your instincts and stay safe.

The follow up book "Protecting the Gift" is one of my favorites and I use it all the time to keep my daughter safe. Not just from "stranger danger" but also from abuse that might happen closer to home.

One of the things that the book recommends for example is to teach the children if they are lost not to look for a police man (who might not be around), but to look for another mommy, or daddy. Moms and dads are more likely to feel the instinct to protect a child, even if it is not their own, and will often stay with your child until a solution has been found.

Beth96

That's really interesting. The New Superpower for Women also goes into the imporance of trusting your instincts and thing of the like. I'll have to check these out. Thanks for the recommendation!