What's new

The Desire To Connect With Others

msimmonds913

Hearing what others have to say about a similar problem that I am dealing with such as motivation, success, growth, etc. helps me to better understand what I am feeling. Other people's stories and views on a problem give me a different perspective on the situation at hand and more importantly, they lift me up. Some people question why others' success and growth stories don't make me envious, but I can't help but smile when I hear good news in another's life. Why? I'm happy that there time has come, and soon, it will be my time as well. You simply have to trust that the time for yourself to grow and succeed will come when you most deserve it. So for the time being, I choose to connect and smile at other's stories as they lift me up and persuade me to believe that my time will be soon.

DanialIbrahim

So for the time being, I choose to connect and smile at other's stories as they lift me up and persuade me to believe that my time will be soon.
It might be sooner than you think! Just keep on smiling and pushing through. It'll pay off at the end.
Glad to see such a positive person amongst our midst. I'm really starting to like the community here.

DeeDeeDaylee

Agreed. I know in the past I have dealt with issues and problems on my own. I am slowly learning that community is so very important. It's nice to know that others are there and are experiencing something similar. I think it can be a very positive experience to share and take comfort in the words of others - even if it is only online! Sometimes it's easier to connect with people when there is no social awkwardness. It's easier to openly share, I think. Does anyone else agree?

GermanBd

Agreed and I always feel same as well. Actually, most of the people in this world are habituated to think about own achievements and happiness in own life. Psychologically they cannot take other's success or happiness easily without any hesitation. So, ultimately they cant lead a truly happy life in reality and from their hearts they can't acknowledge their real feelings!