What's new

The days are long, but the years are short.

PamelaC

I came across this quote when I read The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, and it stuck with me.

When you have kids and you get bogged down in the everyday details (good and bad) of raising kids, it is easy to find yourself one day marveling at how fast time has slipped by without you realizing it. It is a reminder to stop every once in a while and take in the moment and appreciate how precious it is.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

mhess

I love this! It definitely puts things into perspective. A good manager and friend just moved on to another job, and while we worked hard and kept our noses to the grindstone, she always made the time fly for me. Everything's bogged down a little now that she's gone, and I wish I'd appreciated her more when she was around.

Polyacik

So true. I've thought about this in the context of life with kids as well. Day to day life can seem like drudgery while you're in the thick of it, but then I'll see a picture of my kids from a while back and can't help but wish that they would maybe stop growing so quickly.