What's new

Success at Work

Cleverviolet

This website has been so helpful to me in navigating challenges at work.

http://www.askamanager.com

It's an advice column, but it's all about stuff going on in a workplace. Reading about what others go through and hearing the advice has been so meaningful for me in how I look at conflict in the workplace. She also has awesome advice about job searches that I highly recommend.

EliGray

Hey there, a question that I hear a lot is: "how do I discipline myself? I have issues with distractions and staying motivated enough to achieve my goals, and to be successful in the workplace. What should I do?" This is a common one, but it actually has a simple answer. Many people bear the mentality that someone will account for them, and that they don't need to try for their goals super hard, because it either is too difficult or too much work, or they believe that they can do it later. But the simple truth is that those things couldn't be less true. You can't expect to get a quality thing from something you only half tried on. There are many ways of phrasing this:
  • "The future belongs to those who prepare for it today" -Malcolm X
  • "You shall reap what you sow" -The Old Testament
  • "By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail" -Benjamin Franklin.
The moral of the story is tomorrow waits for no one, you have to be ready for it today. And that my friends, is how I keep myself motivated and on track. Do you have any tips for staying motivated and disciplined yourself? I'd love to hear them!

Ecoleman24

Thank you so much for sharing that link CV. I'm always looking to expand my small collection of helpful and up to date websites on this subject matter. It's nice to see a site that is not just another carbon copy of what is already out there. Plus it's not so easy to go to human resources at your own workplace so this seems a lot safer.