What's new

Stress at Work

howremarkable

Everyone deals with work-related stress. E v e r y o n e. In order to survive, we need a coping mechanism. I personally use art. The cathartic release that drawing, writing, and playing music give me is incomparable. My faith also plays a role in reducing work anxiety.

How do you deal with work-induced stress? Do you find yourself using your coping methods in the workplace, or do you prefer to wait until the end of the day to unwind?

kes29

For me it really depends on what the cause of the stress actually is.

If it's something strictly work-related like a specific project or deadline, or something like that I can usually just power through. I handle stress by destroying the thing stressing me out. Big project has me worried? Make progress on it and feel better about it. Or, if the fact that I can't make progress is stressing me out, then maybe do some project planning and map out my next steps so I feel like I'm in control of my situation.

I definitely have different "faces" between work and home and rarely let the stress show at work. So once I'm home, I "let my hair down" as it were and unwind. Whether that be with a phone call to my mom, putting my phone on silent in another room and doing something I enjoy - usually reading or playing a video game, or if things are really rough I am not above resorting to taking a stress nap.