What's new

Start writing

Delia B

I have always like to write, even if it was just for my entertainment . For the first time in a very long
time, I have let someone read my writing, its only two chapters, but its something, and my friend
liked it (she's not someone who would say they like it, if she didn't). I want to actually write a book,
and start writing, for real, like as for a job.

BlueEdge

Go for it! With the accessibility of ebooks nowadays you can start with a small book and work your way up from there! I had a friend who actually published her first ebook on Amazon not to long ago. It's a good way I think to get your name out there and start creating a portfolio!

BlueEdge

And that is perfectly okay! The way I see it, your writing is an intimate part of you, a piece of you that you put a lot of time and effort in to. If you are uncomfortable with the idea of putting yourself out there, maybe try coming up with a Pen name? I find that using an alias helps me be a little bit brave when it comes to trying something new. When I start to gain confidence then I feel better about switching to my own name.

ltk20

Absolutely go for it! I'm working towards a writing career myself. I was told that having a blog can really help showcase your work, too, so I set one up on Wordpress. Maybe you could post some small pieces just to try to get a test run going? Plus, you don't have to use your real name if you don't want to. I know it's terribly nervewracking to put yourself out there.

ethanez

Always good to follow your passions! It definitely is difficult to put your work out to others; I always struggled showing my artwork. But I have always believed that if you enjoy your work, there’s got to be some one else too! Write for them!

Delia B

Absolutely go for it! I'm working towards a writing career myself. I was told that having a blog can really help showcase your work, too, so I set one up on Wordpress. Maybe you could post some small pieces just to try to get a test run going? Plus, you don't have to use your real name if you don't want to. I know it's terribly nervewracking to put yourself out there.
What is Wordpress? I have heard a lot about it but I have no clue what it is...I guess I could google it lol

Delia B

Always good to follow your passions! It definitely is difficult to put your work out to others; I always struggled showing my artwork. But I have always believed that if you enjoy your work, there’s got to be some one else too! Write for them!
Thank you

Delia B

I want to thank you all for your support. I started a blog. Fingers crossed...I don't completely know what I'm doing, but I'm trying.

ltk20

What is Wordpress? I have heard a lot about it but I have no clue what it is...I guess I could google it lol
Hi Delia, WordPress is a blog and web page hosting site. You can post your blogs and design your site using their tools. If you're just doing it for yourself for fun and not for business purposes, you can get it for free. I use it, and it's popular with most bloggers.

www.wordpress.com

Katie2100

If you want to write, go for it! One tip, if you want to do it for money, always try to improve your writing. I strive to read instructional writing books, watch instructional videos on the internet and constantly try to improve my writing. I hope you write a book. Good luck!