What's new

Skin care routine

Uncle Dil

Does anyone here have a skin care routine that they have found that works well? I suffer from seborrheic dermatitis and struggle with keeping my face clear daily. I use Tretinoin at night and Cerave moisturizer in the AM. I also use sunscreen daily. Selsun Blue and Nizoral seem to help with the seborrheic dermatitis.

ltk20

I might recommend Tarsum shampoo as well. It's strong and also prescription strength, but you can buy it on Amazon. My dermatologist recommended it since I tend to have very dry skin and scalp that is prone to flake. For my face, Neutrogena Hydro Boost moisturizer has been a lifesaver.

Uncle Dil

I might recommend Tarsum shampoo as well. It's strong and also prescription strength, but you can buy it on Amazon. My dermatologist recommended it since I tend to have very dry skin and scalp that is prone to flake. For my face, Neutrogena Hydro Boost moisturizer has been a lifesaver.
Good to know. I haven't read much into Tarsum shampoo, but the little I did see stated that it may be carcinogenic so you might want to be careful. I'll read into it more. I think my diet plays a large role in facial swelling / redness as well. If I eat a lot of processed carbohydrates (pizza, chex mix), my face experiences a lot more breakouts and seborrhea than it would on a low carbohydrate or keto diet.

My dad has great issues with his skin. Some from Agent Orange. He was told to use a certain soap that my mother orders for him online. It's called Vani. Maybe you could give it a try!

ericaanne

I loveeee having a skin care routing that is simple and effective. I use baby oil to remove mascara, natural African Black Soap every night (no harsh cleansers that make my skin burn), slather on a decent amount of unprocessed shea or cocoa butter, and dab pimples with a small bit of spot treatment. In the morning I rinse with just water and use spf sunscreen every day even in winter! Pro tip, if your skin feels irritated and burns, even if it says sensitive formula, it probably isn’t doing great things for you. I always try to get samples or stick with a brand that I know doesn’t use harsh chemicals or perfumes. My routine is so ingrained since high school that it’s no effort at all. If I’m feeling fancy I’ll maybe use a mask or a toner.