What's new

Remembering Names Specifically

ShannonMarie

Does anyone have any advice or tips for remembering names specifically? I feel like I can remember everything about some one except their names.

NeuroSkillz Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi ShannonMarie,
Funny you ask, that's exactly what my new app teaches! Check out this video, it will teach you how to easily remember names. If you want to try the app out for free before it's released for sale, fill out our beta tester application here: http://nameskillz.com/betatest

Uncle Dil

Does anyone have any advice or tips for remembering names specifically? I feel like I can remember everything about some one except their names.
I think this is a universal problem. I cannot count the number of times I have shaken someone's hand, told them my name, heard their name, and then completely forgot what they said. I think the most important thing is to be aware you are doing it and actively try to remember the name in the future. If not, don't be afraid to ask again! If you forget twice, that's on you!

Paty100

I have exactly this issue, I meet someone, and in a few days I find myself struggling to remember their names.
But what I don't forget is their faces, when I suddenly meet them somewhere unexpected and they call out my name, I find myself stuck to reply their names... And I just play along.
Please if anyone knows any cure for this please share with me

NeuroSkillz Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I have exactly this issue, I meet someone, and in a few days I find myself struggling to remember their names.
But what I don't forget is their faces, when I suddenly meet them somewhere unexpected and they call out my name, I find myself stuck to reply their names... And I just play along.
Please if anyone knows any cure for this please share with me
Hi Paty, Watch the video above and let me know if it helps.

marv226

Hi ShannonMarie,
Funny you ask, that's exactly what my new app teaches! Check out this video, it will teach you how to easily remember names. If you want to try the app out for free before it's released for sale, fill out our beta tester application here: http://nameskillz.com/betatest

I've tried using associations like the video suggests but it doesn't always work. I like the suggestion of making the association odd or funny (the zombie bride for instance). Perhaps my associations were (yawn) too bland. I will definitely try spicing up the image associations. Thanks for the tip!