What's new

Reality

JaronAlexander

What is reality for you? To me it's the opportunity to choose the right direction. Every human being is able to feel, focus and reflect on themselves. In this way every individual human being has to motivate him or herself to get the best out of a situation. A lot of substitutes, like certain kind of foods, smokes and drugs are used with the wrong intention and for that is a big price to pay.

Let's focus on what you feel is important for the development of you everyday life besides using substitutes that only distract you from this point of view. When you feel like making growth besides calming yourself down by using drugs etc. you can try it again. There are a lot of benefits that go along with certain kind of relaxing substitutes but don't misuse it. Study yourself first.

JaronAlexander

It seems to me that all people in general, are looking for some kind of reality. Reality is something that you can define. We live in a constant expanding reality in which you decide whats the best way to navigate thru it. Today a friend of my father came by and decided to go an art market 5 minutes from here. What I learned is that every day is a change for you to grasp a broader picture of what's going on in this world. Stay mindfull, alert and take every word you say "serious"

What do you readers think about being "serious"?

JBee

What is reality for you? To me it's the opportunity to choose the right direction. Every human being is able to feel, focus and reflect on themselves. In this way every individual human being has to motivate him or herself to get the best out of a situation. A lot of substitutes, like certain kind of foods, smokes and drugs are used with the wrong intention and for that is a big price to pay.

Let's focus on what you feel is important for the development of you everyday life besides using substitutes that only distract you from this point of view. When you feel like making growth besides calming yourself down by using drugs etc. you can try it again. There are a lot of benefits that go along with certain kind of relaxing substitutes but don't misuse it. Study yourself first.
Hi JaronAlexander,

I believe I understand your question, but forgive me if I'm a little off with my reply.

Reality always hits me when I think about how time is always passing. I don't know how long I have here on Earth, but I know I want to get the best out of life. In order to make the best of life, for me, it's important to recognize that tomorrow is not promised and to know how to change my perspective when faced with life's expected obstacles. As you have mentioned, reality for you is "the opportunity to choose the right direction". I agree with that. If one's circumstances are not the best or there is a mental/spiritual struggle within themselves that is affecting their life, I believe each day we wake up is an opportunity for change. We must look at our oppositions and struggles as an opportunity for growth. In turn, this makes us stronger individuals - not needing substitutes such as "certain kind of foods, smokes and drugs" to help us navigate through life.

JaronAlexander

Reality appears to change every time you think about. This proves the ability to completely surrender to what's coming next. By that I mean the immense strength human beings have to develop not only themselves from the inside but also their complete environment they live in.

JBee

Reality appears to change every time you think about. This proves the ability to completely surrender to what's coming next. By that I mean the immense strength human beings have to develop not only themselves from the inside but also their complete environment they live in.
True! So, what do you believe should be prioritized: changing/developing the inner-self or changing the surroundings/environment first? (as it relates to a positive change in one's life)

Ssandra

True! So, what do you believe should be prioritized: changing/developing the inner-self or changing the surroundings/environment first? (as it relates to a positive change in one's life)
Not Jason, but I think you first and only have to change yourself. By changing yourself, you change the actions that you take, and by changing the actions you take, you change the surroundings/environment.

Trying to change the outside first, I find, does not have a lasting effect. It is passing and besides that also very very exhausting. However, if your actions are coming from you being in line with your values and morals, the change is effortless and lasting.

JBee

I actually just made a posting about this quote and I believe it fits well into this discussion:

"A plant is no better than the soil that it's in."

I believe it suggests that what we surround ourselves with can affect how we feel about ourselves which in turn affects how we treat ourselves - which eventually will determine how we value ourselves.

For example: Surrounding yourself with people who are more successful than you could inspire you to want the same for yourself -- as opposed to hanging around people who are doing no better than you and feeling that it's "normal" or feeling comfortable with not evolving.

JaronAlexander

Not Jason, but I think you first and only have to change yourself. By changing yourself, you change the actions that you take, and by changing the actions you take, you change the surroundings/environment.

Trying to change the outside first, I find, does not have a lasting effect. It is passing and besides that also very very exhausting. However, if your actions are coming from you being in line with your values and morals, the change is effortless and lasting.
What are values and morals?

JaronAlexander

Hi JaronAlexander,

I believe I understand your question, but forgive me if I'm a little off with my reply.

Reality always hits me when I think about how time is always passing. I don't know how long I have here on Earth, but I know I want to get the best out of life. In order to make the best of life, for me, it's important to recognize that tomorrow is not promised and to know how to change my perspective when faced with life's expected obstacles. As you have mentioned, reality for you is "the opportunity to choose the right direction". I agree with that. If one's circumstances are not the best or there is a mental/spiritual struggle within themselves that is affecting their life, I believe each day we wake up is an opportunity for change. We must look at our oppositions and struggles as an opportunity for growth. In turn, this makes us stronger individuals - not needing substitutes such as "certain kind of foods, smokes and drugs" to help us navigate through life.

Hey JBee where are you from?