What's new

Progress in Learning a New Language

Edzky_18

It has been a month after I decided to learn Spanish despite my very busy schedule as a working mom. I just would like to share my progress since then. As of now I'm close to knowing by heart 200 Spanish words and phrases. They are all logged in a small notebook where I visit every now and then. I have also looked for native Spanish speakers to chat and talk with, so that my diction and my sentence construction will be checked. I'm also actively engaged in Doulingo. I hope I could do more these coming days. ^_^

tyleralecia

That's awesome to hear! I've always struggled to learn French despite the fact that I've taken all throughout high school and college. But I plan to study in France next semester where I have to take a pledge to not speak any English! While I definitely don't think I'm ready to go four months without speaking English, I am excited to become fluent in a language I greatly enjoy. If you ever get the chance, you should plan a trip to a Spanish speaking country to really give yourself the push you need to become fluent. Good luck with all of your endeavors!

Edzky_18

That's awesome to hear! I've always struggled to learn French despite the fact that I've taken all throughout high school and college. But I plan to study in France next semester where I have to take a pledge to not speak any English! While I definitely don't think I'm ready to go four months without speaking English, I am excited to become fluent in a language I greatly enjoy. If you ever get the chance, you should plan a trip to a Spanish speaking country to really give yourself the push you need to become fluent. Good luck with all of your endeavors!
Yeah! Would love to go to Spain and Mexico... but need to save more to have enough money to go there... 😌😁