What's new

Personal Milestones

Ecoleman24

Do any of you set personal milestones for yourself when you are working toward a new goal or on a new project? If so, what are they and how do you hold yourself accountable? Do you do anything if you don't meet them?

FarmerJennie

Most goals are a “result” - I’d like to run a marathon, I’d like to play my favorite song on the guitar, I’d like to have a garden, etc. So, yes- you have to break them down into activities you can control on a daily basis! If you are learning or working on something new, you may not know what those milestones along the way should be yet. But, if you start by giving, say 20 minutes a day, and have a specific task in mind for that time commitment, you will continue to make progress. Then you can set milestones when you have a further grasp on middle points of achievement throughout your project.

I keep a “journal” - it’s more of a log because it’s just a list of things I did or felt in a given week. It’s away for me to let go of the bad and celebrate the good. Looking back, there are a lot of milestones to celebrate!