What's new

Neuro Skillz review (starbucks card) Iphone 7 Plus

shayla.mm98

Hello! I have tested your Name Skillz: Remembering Names mobile app. I will list below some pros and cons i had ran into!

Pros to the app

• The over all design was very nice. Simple, clean, but yet cute. It is very appealing.
  • I thought the voice over was a nice touch! I haven't used a memory or learning app yet that had actually been designed to read it as you are.
  • The sound effects and chimes really add more character to it and it catches my attention.
Over all the application wasn't bad at all. It has A LOT of character and peeked my interest which some apps learning apps cannot do for me.

Cons to the app
  • The only complication I ran into was the app closing on random occasions. Thankfully it didn't happen often and I managed to get a good assessment of the app, but it was a bit frustrating. It may have been my phone possibly getting a bit hot, as it sometimes does when i run certain apps, but other than that I actually had no problem with the app at all!
Overall: It was a lovely app. It was VERY well put together, and I actually had fun playing it and I tested the skills taught since today I actually had met some new people through my friends. I can actually almost distinctively remember what they look like, but I do remember their names where as before I would have had to ask several times for their names. It is very useful and I would and will DEFINITIVELY recommend this to my friends or anyone I know who has struggled with remembering names.

NeuroSkillz Support Julian

Staff member
Hi there,

Thanks so much for your detailed review. Glad to know that you liked the app so far. The issue around the app randomly closing is especially interesting and important for us to fix - are you able to provide any more detail on this? Are there specific screens where it happens, or does it happen after a specific amount of time using the app? If the problem persists in future versions, it'd be great to know that, too.

Many thanks,
Julian

shayla.mm98

It happened a couple times when it was done with the tutorial, and it would try to go to the “main page” then sent me to my home screen. Now I really do not know if it was due to my phone or the app. But I had thought that I should include it just in case it wasn’t my phone. So it only happened when the main page would be loading. It had only happened 4-5 times, but I still wanted to make sure I include for extra just in case.

Sorry for the trouble,
Shayla

NeuroSkillz Support Julian

Staff member
Hi again Shayla,

Thanks for getting back to me on this - it's really helpful so you don't need to apologise. If you are able to re-create the issue (and also provide a video) then that would be unbelievably useful!

Thanks again,
Julian

NeuroSkillz Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks again for your feedback and testing of the app before it releases. Enjoy a coffee on me with the small thank you of a Starbucks Gift Card. I sent it directly from Starbucks to your email in your NeuroSkillz Club profile.

Warm regards,

Mary

NeuroSkillz Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @shayla.mm98
We did release a new version on Saturday. I'd love to hear if it is still crashing for you. I'm a little concerned that it will because we mostly addressed an "edit association" bug but we tried to find other areas that might be causing the random crashes. I'll certainly let you know if we are able to duplicate what you described and fix it for sure.

I can't thank you enough for the time and energy you've given to help test this. It is so wonderful to hear that you like it... and like it enough to want to recommend it to others. I couldn't think of a greater compliment.

Warm regards,

Mary