What's new

Name Skillz IPhone 6+ Review

misskaylarice

Software Version:
IOS 11.9.1 (IPhone 6+)

I thoroughly enjoyed the “Name Skillz” app. I love the concept. I believe it to be a unique idea that should teach some great habits. As a person who forgets things easily, this is great for me.

Features I enjoyed Most:
  • I liked how you could edit the flash cards with your own description.
  • The options of other pre-made descriptions was a nice touch as well.
  • The narration was pleasant and (unlike a lot of other apps out there) didn’t put me to sleep.
  • I enjoyed the cartoony style. It was straight forward and easy to read (on both a design point and literally).

Bugs:
  • I ran into one thing that didn’t really work well for me. When I went to edit the flash cards and put my own photo up, the pictures ended up a bit blurry. I tried the option of choosing one from my library for one. The other I tried taking a photo. The photo I took turned out fine when uploaded. The one I chose from my library did not. It was a tad fuzzy.

Closing Comments:
  • Overall, I had a great experience with this app. I would definitely use it again. It is fun and really teaches me a skill I didn’t know I needed until now. Thanks for letting me try this out.

-Kayla R

Last edited:

misskaylarice

Hey Julian,
Unfortunately I didn’t get any screenshots or anything from my first play through with it. I was trying to recreate it today though and another bug happened. When I tried to edit the flash card in any way it wouldn’t kick me out of the app.

misskaylarice

I have a video I took of the glitch but it keeps saying it is the wrong format for here or is “too large”. Can I either send it to your email or just let me in know what format to use? The video is a .mp4

Let me know if this Dropbox link works:
Glitch Video

Last edited:

NeuroSkillz Support Julian

Staff member
The video worked - thanks. Somebody else has also reported this problem, so hopefully it'll be fixed by the next version. Please do check after the next update and keep us informed.

Thanks,
Julian

NeuroSkillz Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks again for your feedback and testing of the app before it releases. Enjoy a coffee on me with the small thank you of a Starbucks Gift Card. I sent it directly from Starbucks to your email in your NeuroSkillz Club profile.

Warm regards,

Mary