What's new

Music that touches and heals the soul

Edzky_18

Music gives you happiness and sadness, but it also, it also heals your soul...

This is an exerp from one of my favorite songs sung by bravo all stars. Every time I'm down, hurt, or is missing my family, this is among the songs I usually listen to. I also love hearing Michael Buble's "Home" and "The warrior is a child" version of a famous artist here in our country. When I listen to them, my thoughts are lost and carried away to serenity.

How about you, what is/are the song/s or music that touches and heals your soul?

EJDarnell

Opera is actually supposed to do this in a very emotional level, the job of a singer is about capturing the essense of the song and portray their feelings, however Opera is the essense of expression when it comes to it but any symphony works for me, I would recommend looking into Danny Elfman if you want to enjoy some fun music and good symphony music.

Edzky_18

Opera is actually supposed to do this in a very emotional level, the job of a singer is about capturing the essense of the song and portray their feelings, however Opera is the essense of expression when it comes to it but any symphony works for me, I would recommend looking into Danny Elfman if you want to enjoy some fun music and good symphony music.
Thanks! I'l try to listen to that... though I'm not really into opera music. I'm more of going into slow rock and ballad songs.

Last edited:

ltk20

Some folk music is nice, too. I'm a fan of Cat Stevens, and his music makes me feel a lot better if I'm feeling down or having self-doubt. My favorites are "If You Want To Sing Out" and "Don't Be Shy."

Edzky_18

Some folk music is nice, too. I'm a fan of Cat Stevens, and his music makes me feel a lot better if I'm feeling down or having self-doubt. My favorites are "If You Want To Sing Out" and "Don't Be Shy."
I also like folk and country songs. Will definitely try to listen to that. 😊

mhess

I love all Celtic music. Gaelic and folk instruments together really remind me of my childhood and calms me down really quickly, which I imagine is good for the soul!

meganmt

For me, this is anything by composer Eric Whitacre. It's choral music but if you're new to that genre, just trust me. It's not just for chorus nerds, his music is for the masses. Lol he is in my opinion the most talented composer of our time and his music is that stuff that's so beautiful you want to cry. For beginners I would recommend his pieces Sleep and Nox Aurumque. Prepare for your new insight on life with tissues and a beautiful view while listening is always a plus!

Edzky_18

For me, this is anything by composer Eric Whitacre. It's choral music but if you're new to that genre, just trust me. It's not just for chorus nerds, his music is for the masses. Lol he is in my opinion the most talented composer of our time and his music is that stuff that's so beautiful you want to cry. For beginners I would recommend his pieces Sleep and Nox Aurumque. Prepare for your new insight on life with tissues and a beautiful view while listening is always a plus!
I love Lux aurumque!...very relaxing and composition is amazing! Thanks for sharing!^_^