What's new

Mixing the Ingredients in Your Life

Krysie_Lee3

This morning I got a chance to hear a very inspirational message from one of my favorite radio and tv host Steve Harvey. Lately, I have had a feeling of disconnection in my life—like I had a shadow of anxiety lurking in every corner. The solution I discovered was prayer and meditation.

If you do not like the way things are going; the answer can be found in prayer and within your inner self. “If you do not like the ingredients, change the recipe,” Steve Harvey stated. “Your past is like an ingredient because it has made what you are now, and if you do not like the taste of the ingredient add something to the ingredient.” For me to relieve the bitter taste of anxiety in my life’s cake I added the sweetness of kindness—starting with myself. If I am not kind to myself how can I know how to truly be kind to others.

What ingredient(s) do you need to add to your life’s cake?

I'd say some determination would be nice. Because I have a problem where I'll start something and then midway I'll get bored of it and stop. I need more perseverance, but it's a rather hard thing to train because you...need perseverance...to persevere.

Krysie_Lee3

You make an excellent point! When I am faced with the same issue of not completing a task after getting midway before I start working on something else. I do not believe you need perseverance in order to persevere (which seems like a endless cycle going no where). I had to build my self-discipline so that regardless of how difficult the task is I will have to see it through unless I feel that the task is no longer worth my time than I will walk away without regrets.

Hmm, how do you manage to build perseverance without persevering in it? Is there a trick to it, or something else you need in order to accomplish it? Would you mind telling me how you did it?