What's new

Meditation apps

hayeske

Does anyone have a recommendation for any good meditation apps? I use Calm, but I'd like to try a few others.

ImagineIt!

Headspace is a very good one. They have a 10-day free trial, and you can continue to use the basic guided meditations without signing up for the premium version. I like the narrator on Headspace better than the one on Calm.

ldlittle

Headspace is a very good one. They have a 10-day free trial, and you can continue to use the basic guided meditations without signing up for the premium version. I like the narrator on Headspace better than the one on Calm.
Thank you for the recommendation - I was just looking for something like this. I'll try Headspace

Zeitgeist

I really like Relax Lite (it's got an orange icon with a blue smiling face on it). It's a free app that was recommended to me. It leads you through a guided meditation that lasts about ten minutes. This is supposed to be a meditation that can be used either during the day to refresh/ground yourself or at night to help you go to sleep. I used this a lot at night while I was working at my old job because I had a really hard time letting go of the events from the day. The narrator has a very calm voice and does a good job of leading you away from your own thoughts, centering you instead on your body so you can relax it.