What's new

Lucid Dreaming

lashley101

I felt that the self-hypnosis category was the most fitting for my thread about "Lucid Dreaming." I have only had one experience of lucid dreaming and after I had learned what it was called, I was fascinated by the concept of it.

I have been told that some people lucid dream nearly every night. On YouTube there are videos made by people who regularly lucid dream teaching people who have the ability to or want to lucid dream how to do so more frequently.

Have any of you ever had lucid dreams, or want to learn how to lucid dream?

Genevieve

Yes! It's only happened to me a handful of times in my life, but it was amazing! I wish I knew why or how it happened and could make it happen again. I've always heard there are things you can do that increase the chances of lucid dreaming. I've been meaning to look into it for a while now!

Beth96

I have lucid dreams all the time! I've had chronic nightmares since I was a small child, and I've trained myself to be able to stop, recognize I'm in a dream, and then change the dream. I taught myself how to do it by coming up with a phrase that I can repeat to myself to make myself feel safe, like a mantra, and eventually, used it so often that I was able to use it while dreaming. I'm not sure if it would work for everyone, but it's definitely worth a shot!

Nick Torn

It's really interesting topic, because I'm trying to have them and I'm reading a lot about it.. I have read book written by Stephen LaBerge and I think it can give the best understanding of this. I want to learn it but I think for getting succes in this thing, I need to make really big efforts. Anyway, I would like to learn how make it easier for me. Do anyone has some ideas about it?)

Last edited:

AllisonE

I often recognize I am dreaming and can control it, but I also have over 10 very detailed dreams a night that I remember which is more than everyone I know. I actually would rather not dream because it hurts my sleep and I don't know how to stop it, so I don't really have any tips! haha