What's new

In another life, I would become...

Lei Mercado

We only have one life to live, with so many shoes to fill. And sometimes, this one life we have is not just enough for all the things we desire to do. And so whenever I get the chance to spend time with my siblings and close friends, I ask them this question: "In another life, what would like to become, except for the life that you are living now?" I am interested to know the answers from some of you here in Neuro Skillz Club, and your reason behind it.
(And just for a little disclaimer, having a list of your own does not necessarily mean you are not happy with the life you are living right now :) )

To start the ball rolling, I would like to become:
1. A host to an animal planet show. I just find these people really adventurous and courageous, and I love their free spirit! Moreover, they get to travel far and wide for the job they love to do.
2. A farmer. It really interests me how one works so hard for something to bear fruit, and see it after some weeks or months gloriously budding from the soil. And quite frankly, I am concerned with the lack of farmers we have in our generation (or at least in our country?), so in another life, I would like to be part of the solution.
3. A theater actress. Well, this is quite different from the first two, but the love for theater acting started to bloom when I was in high school. I couldn't get enough of the high I get whenever I perform on stage. I also find it cool that I can be whoever I want to be, and live in another world whenever I act.

So these are just three of the things on my list. Let me know yours, too! Have fun! :)

Last edited:

anniel

What a great question! I'm very happy as a middle school teacher, but in another life I would love to become a physical therapist. To me, they seem like magicians; I have seen such immense growth in myself and others under their care. I think there's something very special about being able to help people reduce their physical pain and return to activities they genuinely enjoy doing-- especially when they may have thought they wouldn't ever be able to do those things again.

Jatelo2

A tricky question this one is for I would want to be many things, given another go at life. Of all the things I'd want to be, nothing beats my admiration for the men and women in uniform.

I've never stopped admiring military men and women. From discipline to the organization, men and women in the 'disciplined forces' represents how the world should be if you asked me. I believe if we were all to emulate the military, replicted their dedication and focus when handling our daily chores, things would move seamlessly.

Imagine everyone being as disciplined, the world would be least chaotic. So, in another life, I would be a proud soldier protecting the borders of his country.

Too bad these are just but unachievable dreams :)

A_wrenn

I think that I might like to be one of the codebreakers in Bletchley Park in the 1940s. The way that their minds had to work in order to break the Nazi codes has always fascinated me. I would also like to have seen the "greatest generation" in action.

Also, Jatelo2, if you think that everything is disciplined and not chaotic in the military, you have some misconceptions. Take it from a soldier...lol

A professional MMA fighter. I did some MMA for about 4-5 years when I was a bit younger, I was good enough to go pro, however I chose to pursue a career that had less risk instead. However in another life I'd like to see just how far I could get, and wish I hadn't left the field

Delia B

I think in a different life, I would like to be a journalist/author that focuses on the occult. I would love to get to travel around and investigate paranormal things. I have always been interested in history and how the people that we came from, can influence who we are and the environment around us.