What's new

" If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought. "

Master

Hello everyone,

Today I did a post on self-empowering thoughts, if you want you can check it out here.

Anyway, this quote is related to that and I wanted to ask you:

What do you think about it?

hg93

Hi Master, liking the sentiment behind the quote. It does seem true that when you are valuing yourself and the thoughts you have, they might be less negative.

On the other hand, negative thoughts are so complex. It’s funny because I just watched a video from the Dalai Lama and he was answering the question: “how do you explain and deal with negative thoughts in you’re head?” His answer was interesting.

He responded saying that negative thoughts are due to 2 things in specific: 1) self-centered and focused thought, and 2) simply accepting reality for what it is rather than realizing that what we see and experience in life is never what it appears to be.

Master

Hi Master, liking the sentiment behind the quote. It does seem true that when you are valuing yourself and the thoughts you have, they might be less negative.

On the other hand, negative thoughts are so complex. It’s funny because I just watched a video from the Dalai Lama and he was answering the question: “how do you explain and deal with negative thoughts in you’re head?” His answer was interesting.

He responded saying that negative thoughts are due to 2 things in specific: 1) self-centered and focused thought, and 2) simply accepting reality for what it is rather than realizing that what we see and experience in life is never what it appears to be.
Lovely insight, thank you very much for the response! :)