What's new

I came for the work, stayed for the content.

I found NeuroSkillz through a posting at Upwork, At first it seemed like a great opportunity to get to know a bit more about the area of self improvement and get some cash while I'm at it. Now however I think that what NeuroSkillz is building is really a very innovative approach to the field of mental health, and I'll probably stick around even after it's all done. Have you ever had an experience like this, going in for something mundane then figuring out what you've gotten yourself into is actually much bigger?

Ssandra

Hi,
Same here for me.

I've actually had something similar happen a couple of years with a different forum and I learned so much!

In the end, a few of us even started our own blog, where I also wrote a couple of articles for.

Ssandra

Oh really? Would you mind sharing a bit more about that? I'm really interested in people's experienced about these things, what was the forum/blog?
The forum does not exist anymore. The owner had a baby tantrum meltdown and shut it down. It used to be Steve Pavlina Forum for Personal Development for Smart People.

The blog is still around although I haven't written on it lately. http://spiraling-up.com/author/sandra/

jtribbett1

Dido! I have never encountered a forum like this before. I remember in high school when forum sites were all about drama! But based on the thoughtful questions and answers, this is definitely a community I want to be a part of.

NewMama

Same here. Especially for those of us who are busy or have unpredictable schedules, it's nice to have a place to go for insightful dialogue when it's most convenient for me. I spend a lot of time hanging out with my baby, and coming here gives me the connection and mental stimulation I need when I feel like all I've done is feed the baby and change a million diapers.

Oaky

Glad to read that those who have come into this forum (regardless of entry) find it useful and informative. As a noob to the forum here (hello, by the way) I'm simply checking the waters here myself. Hopefully there won't be any drama, as some have experienced in their past online ventures, and the community here can both grow as individuals and expand as a community!

negedemeg

I could honestly say the same! This is a really cool, empowering forum. Usually, the internet can be a source of so much inner turmoil and negativity so I love that there is something like this focusing on self-improvement.

laforth

Same here! I've started here through Upwork, and really appreciate all the topics and threads. I love to learn new things and have "adult" conversations. Knowledge is power, and this site definitely offers good opportunities for improving one's mental health and life goals.