What's new

Foods for the Brain

waldemar

Hi do you have any suggestions on what food is the most effective on you in improving your memorization? Me myself I recommend eating nuts because whenever I eat those I stay alert and remembers most of the terms that we are studying before when I was still studying. Do you have the same experience as me? You are welcome to share your inputs regarding this. Thanks :)

Chris Jeff

Have you tried Eggs and Fish(Sardines)? It greatly helps in improving my memorization. As for nut, I mix a selection of nuts in a bowl while studying and I realize I learn more, focus more. It keeps me studying. It actually keeps me alert too while studying. You can try these, they help a lot and it's really healthy too.

waldemar

Have you tried Eggs and Fish(Sardines)? It greatly helps in improving my memorization. As for nut, I mix a selection of nuts in a bowl while studying and I realize I learn more, focus more. It keeps me studying. It actually keeps me alert too while studying. You can try these, they help a lot and it's really healthy too.
Wow good to know that eggs and sardines are good contributors for the health of our brain I did not know that until now because before I used to eat a lot of eggs just for building muscles without knowing that it is a good source of vitamins for our brain it is recently only when I got interested in sharpening my memory.

Sam_C

I’ve read that wild salmon is also a great memory-booster and helps support overall brain health. Even better, it’s a quick and easy meal for busy weeknights. I season each fillet with salt, pepper and cayenne, and sear them (flesh-side down) in a piping-hot, oven-friendly pan. After a few minutes, I flip them over (so that they’re skin-side down) and cover them with lemon slices. I place the pan in a preheated, 425-degree oven for 15 minutes, and voilà! Dinner is served. Start the day with a hearty, whole-grain cereal. End it with a nibble of dark chocolate. And your brain (and body) will thank you!

waldemar

I’ve read that wild salmon is also a great memory-booster and helps support overall brain health. Even better, it’s a quick and easy meal for busy weeknights. I season each fillet with salt, pepper and cayenne, and sear them (flesh-side down) in a piping-hot, oven-friendly pan. After a few minutes, I flip them over (so that they’re skin-side down) and cover them with lemon slices. I place the pan in a preheated, 425-degree oven for 15 minutes, and voilà! Dinner is served. Start the day with a hearty, whole-grain cereal. End it with a nibble of dark chocolate. And your brain (and body) will thank you!
Wow thank you for that great information, did not know that salmon is a good food for the brain until now and a great recipe that I will surely love :)

jpmaven

Hi do you have any suggestions on what food is the most effective on you in improving your memorization? Me myself I recommend eating nuts because whenever I eat those I stay alert and remembers most of the terms that we are studying before when I was still studying. Do you have the same experience as me? You are welcome to share your inputs regarding this. Thanks :)
Peanuts, walnuts are definitely a good source of brain food for improving your memorization, but another four I'd suggest is avocado, dark chocolate, beetroot, and blueberries. Those four work wonders.

waldemar

Peanuts, walnuts are definitely a good source of brain food for improving your memorization, but another four I'd suggest is avocado, dark chocolate, beetroot, and blueberries. Those four work wonders.
Thank you for the additional knowledge regarding foods for the brain. I would definitely try those suggestions and let me see if it works for me as well. :)

Captain Obvious

I regularly have sardines on toast with some Picante (chili for those not familiar with South Amercian cuisines). I have found sardines from Brasil the best tasting and rarely leaves you with "sardine breath", LOL!!

jpmaven

I regularly have sardines on toast with some Picante (chili for those not familiar with South Amercian cuisines). I have found sardines from Brasil the best tasting and rarely leaves you with "sardine breath", LOL!!
That sounds yummy. Will definitely try sardines out in future. I've always stayed away from them because of the smell, well sardine breath you mentioned but if you say that the Brasil sardine is good then will I'll give it a go.

ldlittle

While I agree that certain foods like nuts can help boost memorization and concentration, consuming those foods during the session may be a short sided approach. Overall health and brain health is optmized with good nutrition practices day in and day out, not just during the session. Reducing sugar, processed foods, and vegetable oils can help reduce inflammation in the brain cells and overall in the body. Be sure to include a well rounded diet that includes phytochemicals, antioxidants, zinc, vitamin B12, and long chain omega 3, DHA and EPA - and include regular brain stimulation activities. My background is fitness and nutrition so I tend to combine brain stimulation with fitness. For example, I perform hoop dance with several hoops moving in opposite directions and patterns to challenge my brain. But it can be as simple as performing a lunge while tossing and catching a tennis ball from one hand to the other. Thoughts?