What's new

Fitness goals

We live in the age of self-proclaimed fitness gurus. This used to bother me so much, seeing all these people with impressive physiques everywhere on YouTube and in movies. But eventually, I decided to follow some of their advice, so I started to take care of my body. So far, it's been the best decision of my life, because I can really see the benefits, especially when it comes to confidence. It is so good to know that I've got that part of my life figured out, so I don't have to worry anymore if I am going to get fat or weak. I am curious to know if anyone from here has made such a decision? If so, how did it affect your life?

DeeDeeDaylee

Hi Don!
My situation is a bit different but I can relate. I had trouble with food for a long time. It wasn't eating that was the problem, though. I didn't have an eating disorder, I just wasn't hungry. It got to the point that I was actually pre-diabetic from starvation!

I had to make a decision for my health that I would find foods that appealed to me - no matter what! I went to see a dietician and she began to introduce new foods that I had never heard of, much less eaten before! What I found was that if I stopped focusing on the foods I couldn't eat, and focused on the ones I liked - I had more of an appetite. I know this may sound silly to some people. But, I feel it's the same thing as people who overeat being told to "just stop eating." Easier said than done!

But this was a decision I truly believed saved my life. I eat regular meals and have regained my health!

Master

Look at it this way:

Health is one of the most important things in life.
If you're weak & unhealthy, it doesn't matter what kind of money you earn or how many people you know.
Investing in your health is a wise decision and one that will bring long-term benefits.

So keep working out, the longer you do it, the more compound effects you will get.

In a few years, you won't even recognize your old self anymore!

Chris Jeff

For me, it was about loosing weight..It was actually a very tough job but once I decided to, I worked on it hard and I was definitely able to do it. A few months ago, deciding to be fit and do exercise every day were like impossible for me. It was very hard for me to extract a few hours from my tight schedule. Then I decide to manage my time and give 2 hours to my health. I also joined a fitness center. Awesome environment, very well equipped and skilled trainers. They always motivated me and that made me more active. Now, I'm keeping fit!

Look at it this way:

Health is one of the most important things in life.
If you're weak & unhealthy, it doesn't matter what kind of money you earn or how many people you know.
Investing in your health is a wise decision and one that will bring long-term benefits.

So keep working out, the longer you do it, the more compound effects you will get.

In a few years, you won't even recognize your old self anymore!
Oh yes, this is what I am expecting, not recognizing my old self, I can definitely relate to that even though it has only been a little over a month since I began this regime. It's as if my old eating habits are left completely behind. I just hope I'll continue to go down this path and not give up like I used to do before all the time