What's new

Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) ~ because life is energy

Rae1234

Do you know anything about EFT - emotional freedom technique? This is a system of tapping on certain energy centers on the body as a way of dissipating strong emotions. I won't be the best at explaining why or how it works, but I will say that it definitely works. Its similar to acupuncture, where needles are inserted into specific places to unblock stuck energy so healing can occur.

There is a very specific recipe to use - very simple - where you gently tap on 10-11 different parts of the body in successions. Before you get started, you'll identify on a scale of 1-10 the intensity of whatever emotion you're feeling. After going through the first round of tapping, you'll take note of where you are on that scale, and usually you'll find you have reduced the charge by several points. You will repeat the process until the charge is gone.

I know it seems too good to be true, but it honestly works. Emotions are just energy. When energy isn't flowing, but is accumulating and flooding the body, you'll be overwhelmed. Tapping helps the energy to move through, which leads to relief of the emotion-energy.

An example: a girlfriend of mine, Kristina, was dealing with an extreme fear that her new boyfriend was cheating on her. This problem had been going on for some time. She called me at a moment when her fear was pretty extreme. I guided her through the tapping, and after just 2-3 passes, the fear was significantly discharged. She was very surprised that such a simple tool had brought so much relief. It's a solid tool in your self-improvement tool kit.

Just a side note - in the end, Kristina came to realize that her boyfriend was NOT cheating on her. However, there was a woman friend in his life - a very close friend - who had a long standing crush on him. He had no interest in her, but she had spent years pining away for him and his new relationship with Kristina had triggered her. Kristina was picking up on this reality and that was leading to her fear.

So in that sense, her fear was very real, and not just a product of her personal history or insecurities.

Life is energy. Thoughts are energy. Emotions are energy. And we are transmitters and receivers of energy.

Last edited:

alex

I've never heard of this! I can sometimes have a hard time with un-blocking emotions, but I look forward to trying this out. It's simple and can be done anywhere, which makes it really great. Thanks for sharing!

Rae1234

I've never heard of this! I can sometimes have a hard time with un-blocking emotions, but I look forward to trying this out. It's simple and can be done anywhere, which makes it really great. Thanks for sharing!
Excellent, Alex! It really works. There are lots of youtube videos of people showing how to do it. Do a search for the term "EFT recipe."