What's new

Deconstructing Dissonance through Life Coaching

Decantrix

I was born in the Southern US, but raised in SE Asia. My father was both a missionary, as well as an Academic. Though originally from the US, because I didn't grow up in the culture here, my reintroduction, at 18 after high school, was filled with multiple traumas, as I navigated this transition completely alone.

It's been only recently that any studies at all, have delved into the dynamics of Third Culture Kids, like myself. The results have proven incredibly validating of my own experiences. Still, though, wellness professionals are catching up, as more and more kids grow up in countries all over the world, these days. There are few-to-no support resources, despite the growing number of people with this experience.

A similar situation exists for the children of immigrants and immigrants, themselves, as they must navigate a new permanent culture that's unfamiliar. All too often, they are left feeling like an outsider -- sometimes for the rest of their lives. Trauma, itself, can produce many of these same culturally dissonant experiences. Even in today's connected, global society. That is my coaching focus: Integration/Cultural Dissonance, as well as trauma and grief and finding oneself and your tribe/support in all of the cultural noise around us.

I'm a jrni certified Catalyst Life Coach, and if you would like to work with me, please reach out here and we can talk a bit about what you're wanting to achieve in your life. Our work can be done by phone, over video conference, or in-person, where we can walk and talk together. I don't have the answers for your life, I do have deep compassion and can help you unlock your answers from within you. It would be an honor. ॐ मणिपद्मे हूँ,

JonQuinnHubble

Hello,

I just wanted to comment to say how much I appreciate finding someone that can empathize with this very underrepresented community. I grew up in America, but I moved to Taiwan recently. While I absolutely love my life in Taiwan, I can't help but feel for those that have a hard time adapting to new situations like this. While I am no expert in coaching, I have found that the most important approach I took during my adaptation phase was being as open-minded as possible. This made every new or "strange" thing much easier to embrace. Although, it is certainly different for everyone.

Glad to see you are there for people that struggle with this. Keep it up!

Decantrix

Hi Jon! Where in Taiwan are you? I actually went to boarding school, through high school, in Taichung, and have so many wonderful memories from there. :)

JonQuinnHubble

Hi Jon! Where in Taiwan are you? I actually went to boarding school, through high school, in Taichung, and have so many wonderful memories from there. :)
I am currently in Taipei! I am studying at NTU :). I absolutely love it here. I am glad you also have great memories from your time here.

1akhand2

I was born in the Southern US, but raised in SE Asia. My father was both a missionary, as well as an Academic. Though originally from the US, because I didn't grow up in the culture here, my reintroduction, at 18 after high school, was filled with multiple traumas, as I navigated this transition completely alone.

It's been only recently that any studies at all, have delved into the dynamics of Third Culture Kids, like myself. The results have proven incredibly validating of my own experiences. Still, though, wellness professionals are catching up, as more and more kids grow up in countries all over the world, these days. There are few-to-no support resources, despite the growing number of people with this experience.

A similar situation exists for the children of immigrants and immigrants, themselves, as they must navigate a new permanent culture that's unfamiliar. All too often, they are left feeling like an outsider -- sometimes for the rest of their lives. Trauma, itself, can produce many of these same culturally dissonant experiences. Even in today's connected, global society. That is my coaching focus: Integration/Cultural Dissonance, as well as trauma and grief and finding oneself and your tribe/support in all of the cultural noise around us.

I'm a jrni certified Catalyst Life Coach, and if you would like to work with me, please reach out here and we can talk a bit about what you're wanting to achieve in your life. Our work can be done by phone, over video conference, or in-person, where we can walk and talk together. I don't have the answers for your life, I do have deep compassion and can help you unlock your answers from within you. It would be an honor. ॐ मणिपद्मे हूँ,
I'm Akhand and I am currently living in India. It was nice to know how you grew up in changing environment. Though I know Hindi but I'm not fluent in Sanskrit. Can you tell the meaning of the last line? Also can you tell that from where have you used that quote?