What's new

Creating YouTube channel

I've been a freelance writer for almost two years and although I love what I do, I think that creating a YouTube channel is an obvious next step. With that said, I wanted to ask you what niche should I cover? Some options that I think are the best for me include: fitness, mysteries, and TV shows. What do you think is the best niche of these three?

Ssandra

Honestly? I am not sure that if you are a freelance writer, a youtube channel is the best next step. You are a writer, not an entertainer...

Honestly? I am not sure that if you are a freelance writer, a youtube channel is the best next step. You are a writer, not an entertainer...
I mean, I've written a lot of scripts for YouTube channels and I just happen to know a thing or two about video editing, so I thought I could try creating my own channel.

Hmm...I think TV shows? On one hand, it's a pretty saturated area, however, it's also the only one that'll really get 'big' with a reasonable likelyhood. And given your previous writing experience, I think you'd stand out from the competition

Hmm...I think TV shows? On one hand, it's a pretty saturated area, however, it's also the only one that'll really get 'big' with a reasonable likelyhood. And given your previous writing experience, I think you'd stand out from the competition
Yeah, I think so as well, especially given the previous experience and a reputation among the audience. So the script wouldn't be the problem. But a microphone would. Can you recommend some microphone?

John S

You seem like you have a background in media so you aware of the huge time commitment necessary to produce a videos with pre and post production. I do not know what niche might be best for you and I realize it is a difficult decision but my guess is you might know best. That's just my guess though. Good luck with it.