What's new

Celebrating the Small Things

johnson-kendall

I have been working on trying to celebrate even the smallest things that I accomplish. I do this by keeping a list that when I complete something, I will just check it off. This way I know that I have accomplished that small thing. It can be as small as remembering to do something, which I find I am sometimes not good at because I have so much going on

nhenrick

Personally, I couldn't agree more! The key to accomplishing goals is to start out with ones we know are achievable. In essence, it is important to improve our ability to achieve goals, not suffer because we set goals that are not (currently) achievable in our life. One should not start out by saying they wish to be a billionaire, which (normally) doesn't happen overnight, only to be disappointed every day they wake up because they don't have a billion dollars in their wallet. Instead, setting day to day and weekly goals allows for more positive mental growth as we feel good about achieving goals, no matter how big or how small they might be. Psychologically this is better, and to be honest, it allows for more things to get done during the day, as well as increase one's self-esteem because we know that each day has been productive.

lpvander

I read this on Twitter once, "Before I was a pro, I kept a jar. Every time I got told 'no' about my writing, I wrote it down on a piece of paper and I put the 'no' in my jar. When I got my first 'yes' I counted the papers in the jar. I had 134 'no's.' So that was the price I paid for my 'yes.' Keep working."

I've come to realize that even small "no's" or little failures are things we also need to appreciate. They're either learning lessons or building blocks to other opportunities.

Ecoleman24

I read this on Twitter once, "Before I was a pro, I kept a jar. Every time I got told 'no' about my writing, I wrote it down on a piece of paper and I put the 'no' in my jar. When I got my first 'yes' I counted the papers in the jar. I had 134 'no's.' So that was the price I paid for my 'yes.' Keep working."

I've come to realize that even small "no's" or little failures are things we also need to appreciate. They're either learning lessons or building blocks to other opportunities.
Thank you for sharing this. It was the sort of motivation I needed to hear this morning. *hugs*