What's new

“Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely”.

bjfdaisy72

What if this saying is true? What if the people we vote into power we inevitably lead to failure BECAUSE this quote is true? If we could find balance, putting restrictions on current times we allow people into power positions, could we help control the corruption that appears to inevitably lead to the fall of so many?

I know we have some restrictions, but I’m talking about more. If you are in a political position for so many years, you are not allowed to continue for a period of time. Maybe it seems naive, but maybe there’s an answer in this question I pose.

BlueEdge

I strongly agree with this quote and way of thinking! I feel that politicians are suppose to be civil servants, but being in politics should not be a central career. Term limits on branches of government would help balance out big company pay outs and influence. I also think that if you are a politician, your retirement and pension needs to be put into the same system as the rest of America, not it's own separate program.

bjfdaisy72

I strongly agree with this quote and way of thinking! I feel that politicians are suppose to be civil servants, but being in politics should not be a central career. Term limits on branches of government would help balance out big company pay outs and influence. I also think that if you are a politician, your retirement and pension needs to be put into the same system as the rest of America, not it's own separate program.
I like that process of thought! I fear we set our people, even politicians, up for failure without strict, clear guideline to follow. It would be nice to hold everyone to a “higher standard”, but I’m not certain that works even for religious officiates that have strong connections with higher powers. I hope we find a balance in our system that brings harmony instead of discord. Thanks for replying, I read somewhere that “politics” shouldn’t be discussed but felt this was very unbiased and not political so much as finding a solution for a misunderstanding of a public office position.